IEOM Student Paper Competition 2015
The IEOM Student Paper Competition will recognize outstanding papers in the field of industrial engineering and operations management written by student(s). Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the 2015 IEOM Conference in Dubai, UAE. The paper will be judged based on the technical content. Winners will receive certificate and monetary award based on the sponsorship. The winning awards will be given at the 2015 IEOM conference award and dinner event on March 4, 2015 at Hyatt Regency Dubai.
- The submitter must be student.
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The paper must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of a paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The paper must be presented at the 2015 IEOM Conference at Hyatt Regency Dubai, United Arab Emirates, March 3-4, 2015.
Deadline for submission of papers: September 30, 2014.
Authors must follow the IEOM 2015 paper guidelines since the winning papers will be published in the conference proceedings (http://iieom.org/ieom/authors/).
Each paper must be submitted in electronic format (PDF file) to the student paper competition committee chair Dr. Shamsuzzoha (email@example.com), no later than September 30, 2014.
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judge. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be given.