Undergraduate Research Presentation Competition
The IEOM Undergraduate Research Presentation Competition will recognize outstanding research presentation in the field of industrial engineering and operations management presented by student(s). Students can submit abstract only and present at the IEOM Orlando Conference on September 10, 2015. The presentation will be judged based on the presentation only. Winners will receive certificate and monetary award based on the sponsorship. The winning awards will be given at the 2015 IEOM Orlando Conference award event on September 11, 2015.
- The submitter must be undergraduate student or just graduated.
- Research can be industry sponsored projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The abstract must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of an abstract or paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The abstract/paper must be presented at the 2015 IEOM Orlando Conference at Rosen Plaza Hotel on September 10, 2015
Deadline for submission of papers: May 30, 2015.
Authors must follow the 2015 IEOM Orlando Conference abstract/paper guidelines since the winning abstracts/papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Each abstract/paper must be submitted in the ONLINE submission system (www.xcdsystem.com/icmoe2015/) no later than May 30, 2015.
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judges. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
Award certificates and cash prizes will be given for the best student papers.