Undergraduate Student Paper Competition Sponsored by Siemens
Orlando Conference 2015
Undergraduate Student Paper Competition
The IEOM UNDERGRADUATE Student Paper Competition sponsored by SIEMENS will recognize outstanding papers in the field of industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, systems engineering, operations research, engineering management and operations management written by student(s). Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the 2015 IEOM Orlando Conference at Rosen Plaza Hotel on September 10, 2015. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation. Winners will receive certificate and monetary award based on the sponsorship. The winning awards will be given at the 2015 IEOM Orlando Conference award event on September 11, 2015.
- The submitter must be undergraduate student or just graduated.
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The paper must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of a paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The paper must be presented at the 2015 IEOM Orlando Conference at Rosen Plaza Hotel during September 10-11, 2015.
Deadline for submission of papers: May 31, 2015.
Authors must follow the 2015 IEOM Orlando Conference paper guidelines since the winning papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Each paper must be submitted in electronic format (PDF file) to Mr. Gomanth Duvvuru <email@example.com> no later than May 31, 2015.
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judges. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
Award certificates and cash prizes will be given for the best student papers.
1st place ($500), 2nd place ($300) and 3rd place ($200)